WILDCATS!!

WILDCATS!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Guards leaving Parliament Hill

It was July 18th 1977. I was 8 and a half years old. It was real chilly outside, so I decided to stay inside and watch TV. I turned on the TV and saw that there was a parade in Ottawa, Canada. There were these men in red shirts wearing fluffy black hats and carrying guns. The parade was crowded with people on the side lines. I watched as they marched like they were all that. I noticed that they were holding a Britain flag as they marched and that the parade was honoring someone or something. I saw the Switzerland flag on top of a building and I knew it was Parliament Hill. I learned about that place in the 4th grade. I watched the whole parade that day and even witnessed history.

1 comment:

  1. How did you know it was history? What was historic about this day?

    ReplyDelete